In Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, or any other part of Canada, spring is the best time of the year! The snow is melting, the trees are budding, and the days are getting longer. However, with all the warm weather come the pests. Many people do not realize that the leaves left over from winter become breeding sites for sow bugs, centipedes, and many other summer pests. At Poulin’s we strongly encourage doing spring clean ups as early as possible. Follow our five spring cleaning tips to ensure your home is protected from pests.
- Seal Entry Points – Wall voids and around plumbing and electrical fixtures should be sealed. Seal all openings to the outside, including wood around doors and windows.
- Declutter Yard – Remove piles of grass clippings and leaves, lumber, firewood, and flower pots off the ground and away from the home. Many pests will use these areas as breeding sites.
- Eliminate Standing Water – Remove any body of stagnant water, including puddles, rainwater, or drain water.
- Clear Clutter Inside – All food should be stored in properly sealed jars or tins and kept in containers with tight-fitting lids. Avoid storing pet foods and other food products in accessible areas and keep garbage from accumulating.
- Perimeter Spray – Our home barrier treatment consists of treating 2 – 3 feet along the exterior wall of the house and 3 – 5 feet away from the house on the grass, mulch, and/or cracks along the side of the house.
At Poulin’s Pest Control, we’re experts in elimination of pest problems. If you want to take care of the problem yourself, we carry a number of products to assist with any pest problems, and if you need our help, our Pest Management Professionals are standing by. Remember – there’s no foolin’ with Poulin.