Calgary is home to many birds, some of which can be a nuisance like pigeons, starlings, sparrows and magpies. Bird nests can clog gutters, downspouts and vents, and their acidic droppings can deface your home or business and harm your health.
Poulin’s Pest Control in Calgary carries a variety of deterrents to prevent birds from making your property home. However, relocating them may be the only option if the flock is large and resilient. Fortunately, our technicians specialize in humanely removing birds from your property. Contact us at our Calgary location today to learn more about our products and services.
4 signs you have a bird problem
Here are four telltale signs you have a bird infestation on your property.
- You notice large groups of birds. If you spot several birds hanging around your property, keep an eye on them. If their numbers increase, you may have a bird problem on your hands.
- You see excessive droppings. Large amounts of bird feces around your property are a clear sign of an infestation.
- You find feathers and nesting materials. If you have a bird problem, you may notice nesting materials like twigs, straw, leaves and feathers in your eaves and gutters. You may also see damage to these areas.
- You hear loud noises. Birds are noisy, especially in large numbers. Therefore, if you hear cries and shrieks that can’t be ignored, you may have a bird problem. Additionally, bird noises coming from inside your attic are a red flag.
The best way to prevent birds from nesting around your property is to be proactive by eliminating food and water sources, covering outdoor garbage containers, and sealing and repairing vents and openings.
You can also install effective and humane bird deterrents to prevent birds from being enticed by your property. At Poulin’s Pest Control in Calgary, we carry various bird control devices and deterrents, such as netting, spikes and electronic repellents.
Large flocks of birds aren’t only noisy and destructive; they’re unhygienic and pose health threats to humans and pets. Therefore, removal is often the best way to get rid of them and keep them away.
Once a Poulin’s technician determines that you have a bird problem, they’ll locate the nests and entry points. After that, they’ll remove nesting materials. Poulin’s Pest Control is committed to the humane treatment of animals. Therefore, we ensure no animals are harmed during our removal process.
The technician will then clear and clean any contaminated material, like droppings, which can pose serious health risks. To prevent future bird infestations, they’ll also screen and seal any entry points and install repellents.
Our technicians are trained to deal with the most challenging situations and will ensure your bird problem doesn’t come back.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. If the birds aren’t causing damage, can they stay?
Even if you don’t see immediate damage to your property, birds carry diseases and parasites that can harm humans, pets and livestock. Their droppings can also damage your property and cause slips and falls. Therefore, it’s important to get rid of pest birds as soon as possible.
2. Can I remove pest birds on my own?
You can install bird repellants on your own. However, you should never attempt bird removal. Hiring a professional service like Poulin’s Pest Control to remove and relocate them will prevent the birds from being harmed and ensure regulatory restrictions are followed.
3. When are pest bird infestations most common?
In Calgary, pest birds often cause the most problems between April and August. However, some are active all year round.
Bird removal and control in Calgary
If you have a bird problem at your home or business, Poulin’s Pest Control team in Calgary can help. We carry a wide variety of bird deterrents and offer bird removal and control options to address seasonal bird activity in your area. We also provide proactive preventative maintenance plans to ensure long-term pest-free results. Contact us in Calgary today for expert advice or to book an inspection.