Although birds are beautiful and majestic, some species can be destructive if left to their own devices. Fortunately, Poulin’s Pest Control in Edmonton carries several safe and effective products to discourage birds from making your property their home. If the problem persists, we also have experienced technicians who can safely and humanely remove pest birds from your property. Contact our Edmonton office today to learn more about our bird control products and services.
Common pest birds in Edmonton
Here are some of the most common pest birds in Edmonton:
- Pigeons perch, nest and roost on tall objects or structures. They carry several diseases and leave a heavy build-up of their highly acidic droppings, which can decay roofing and siding.
- Starlings damage fruit crops and pull up sprouting grains. Moreover, they tend to congregate at livestock feed troughs, contaminating food and water sources.
- Woodpeckers are notorious for making holes in the sides of buildings and nesting in walls and attics and near outdoor vents.
- Magpies are resourceful birds that will eat almost anything. They’re loud and can damage landscaping, including flowering bulbs and bird feeders.
- Sparrows build nests in vents and fixtures on the exterior roofline of structures, clogging drains and gutters.
Our bird repellant products
At Poulin’s Pest Control in Edmonton, we carry several products to help deter and keep pest birds away from your property, including:
- Bird B Gone Solar Bird Repeller is a solar-powered rotating wand that continually deters birds within a five-foot radius. This solution is portable and easy to use, which is ideal for patios, boats, A/C units, pools and patio covers.
- Bird-X Yard Guard is an electronic pest chaser that uses powerful ultrasonic waves to protect up to 4,000 square feet. This motion-activated product is harmless to humans, pets and birds.
- Bird B Gone Bird Spikes come in two-foot-long sections and can easily be cut down into smaller lengths. The stainless-steel spikes are durable and can be installed in various areas, including ledges, conduits and curved or flat surfaces.
- Irri-Tape, Decoy Hawk and Scare Eye Balloon are great visual deterrents to confuse and scare pest birds away from outdoor areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are pest birds dangerous?
Pest birds can carry over 60 transmittable diseases and ectoparasites like fleas, mites and ticks. Moreover, bird droppings contain dangerous bacteria and viruses that can be harmful or deadly to people and pets. Nesting birds can also damage or deface buildings and cars with their nests and droppings.
2. How do I keep pest birds off my property?
There are several things you can do to keep birds away from your property, including:
- Sealing off elevated openings and entrances
- Installing bird netting under awnings and overhangs
- Installing posts and wires on window ledges and ridges
- Eliminating outdoor sources of food and water
- Storing garbage in secure containers or bins
- Purchasing sound and visual deterrents
3. What happens if bird deterrents don’t work?
If bird deterrents don’t work, removal may be necessary. Fortunately, the team of technicians at Poulin’s Pest Control in Edmonton is licensed to humanely remove all pest birds.
Bird control and removal services in Edmonton
At Poulin’s Pest Control, we provide comprehensive bird control and removal services in Edmonton. We can help you install bird spikes, netting and more to help control bird invasions. Contact us today at our Edmonton office for a free estimate.